How to Apply
Applying for ADFA is a competitive, dual application process that can take up to 12 months. It's preferable you apply in Year 11, but you can still apply in Year 12.
ADFA Information Sessions
Find out about studying at ADFA from graduates and recruiters. For the next date in your local city call 13 19 01 or follow us on Facebook.
Next ADFA Open Day
Experience ADFA, meet staff and students, take a tour and view military displays.
When: Saturday 22 August 2020
Time: 9.00am to 4.00pm
Where: Northcott Drive in Campbell, ACT
To arrange a tour of ADFA at another time, call the ADFA Visits Liaison Officer on (02) 6268 8541.
- Australian citizen or hold permanent resident status
- At least 16 years old when applying and for first interview and 17 on entry
- Completed Year 12 with passes that meet UNSW requirements for your chosen degree
- At least 152cm tall
- Reasonably fit and healthy, and with an acceptable Body Mass Index
Gender, race, religion, sexuality and marital status have no impact on ADF selection.
Explore the jobs that match each ADFA degree on the Job Search page.
Apply for the job online or by calling 13 19 01, selecting 'ADFA' as the method of entry.
Army Officer candidates apply for a General Service Officer role, as specific jobs are not confirmed until after graduation and Officer training.
- Attend a Your Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) Session (preferably in Year 11 or early 12)
- Attend an Assessment Day with a psychological interview, medical assessment and ADF interview
- Attend an Officer Selection Board in Canberra
- Receive offer from the ADF subject to passing Year 12
- Accept ADF offer (subject to passing Pre-Entry Fitness Assessment and final medical)
- Next stop Canberra! Welcome to ADFA!